Hungry, curious, growing and never satisfied.
That’s us at Fitzco, a fully-integrated agency with combined capabilities across advertising, strategic planning, media, digital, social, creative technology, performance marketing and design. Throughout our 35-year history, we’ve been about working hard to speak with people across culture in ways they wish to be spoken to, or as we call it, cultural fluency. Daily, we bring cultural fluency to our clients including Coca-Cola, Johnsonville, French’s, Checkers & Rally’s, MGM Resorts, Shoe Carnival, Miracle-Ear and General Mills.
Human Resources and Executive Coordinator Summary
This position is based in Minneapolis, MN office and sits within Fitzco-CompassPoint, Fitzco’s media arm.
As the HR and Executive Coordinator, you will wear many hats to provide support in many ways across the agency—from championing HR initiatives to managing complex coordination of travel, to lending a hand on agency projects. Reporting to the Human Resources Talent Manager, you will also support CompassPoint’s Chief Connection Officer and other members of the media leadership team.
You’ll thrive in this role as a go-getter who doesn’t wait for people to tell you what to do but naturally finds ways to become indispensable. You love supporting the people and culture of a vibrant, creative, and fast-paced agency. You are an expert at multi-tasking, budget and event management and cross-team collaboration. You will use your knowledge of human resources, communication, administrative and organizational skills to act as the glue that keeps things running smoothly.
What you’ll get to do:
Human Resources Operations
- Serve as an Human Resources liaison for employees, responding to inquiries, understanding and applying HR and company policies, directing them to resources as needed
- Maintain and coordinate the agency’s organizational charts
- Assist in all scheduling as it pertains to agency recruitment and meeting communication with candidates.
- Assist in New Employee On-boarding, including office space preparation (location and desk setup, equipment and IT coordination); preparation of First-Day new hire paperwork and orientation schedule
- Assist in Employee Off-boarding, including IT and equipment return, scheduling of exit interviews and termination paperwork prep. (COBRA notices, Exit Interview Checklists, Exit Survey, etc)
- Assist in HR reporting, including Exit Analysis reporting, EEO, 4A’s , Mercer salary survey, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive or confidential knowledge gained in your interactions
- Coordinate employee enrichment activities and events such as birthday/anniversary celebrations, employee gatherings, Diversity and Inclusion related meetings and event, executive “office hours” for employees, etc.
- Screen, respond to and forward incoming phone calls and written correspondence maintaining agency brand and professionalism
- Coordinate all aspects of client meetings including travel arrangements, facilities, food and beverages, invitations, and speakers; control event budget
- Work directly with Human Resources and senior leadership to ensure support and success of daily agency operations
- Order, monitor and stock supplies for office and agency events
- Primary contact with building management concerning office space issues such as problems with heating/air conditioning, bathrooms, kitchen, janitorial services, etc.
Executive and Media Team Assistance
- Provide administrative support for the Chief Connections Officer and others on their management team, including but not limited to drafting correspondence and creating/modifying/maintaining documents
- Manage executive calendar, scheduling appointments and meetings with discernment to ensure agency and executive priorities are met
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans for multiple individuals
- Maintain current media tool resource guide with overviews, access, contract dates, team training log
- Compile, submit and track executive expense reports and input time sheets with strong consideration to accuracy and timeliness.
- Create and/or compile presentation decks for internal and external client meetings
All other tasks/projects as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Social perceptiveness -be aware of other people's reactions and understand why they react the way they do. Maintain a positive, friendly composure even in difficult situations
- Processing Information -Compile, code, categorize, calculate, or verify information to ensure that all data is correctly filed and processed
- Integrity -adhere to a strong moral and ethical code in compliance with organizational principles
- Independence -develop one's own way of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depend on oneself to get things done
- Personnel and human resources expertise- knowledge of the principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of human resources experience with a focus on recruiting preferred
- Advance level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working within an Applicant Tracking System and HRIS strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills in all mediums: phone, written and conversational in order to build positive relationships
- Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, punctual, and positive "can do" attitude
- Highly resourceful proactive, team player who creatively solves complex problems
- Advertising industry experience preferred
Fitzco is an Interpublic Group agency within the McCann WorldGroup family. The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements
Fitzco is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA and is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, US