Fitzco is looking for a highly-motivated, passionate and experienced leader – equal parts strategist and practitioner – to provide best-in class HR generalist leadership, culture-driving programming and talent recruitment for our entrepreneurial, growing agency.
We are a 35-years young and growing fully-equipped communications company, HQ’d in Atlanta and a second office in Minneapolis, with talent curated from across the country and the globe. We are driven every day, in everything we do – including how we hire, reward and promote – based on our 6 core values: soul, curiosity, hustle, generosity, fire and freedom.
We need you to be able to hit the ground running, build relationships and partner with our team. We don't have a set style; we have things we believe and tools we use, but it's more about identifying the challenge/opportunity and finding the right way to solve it.
You take your work but not yourself seriously. You put a piece of you into everything you do. You endlessly (maybe annoyingly) ask ‘why’? And you believe that there’s opportunity everywhere if you’re willing to work for it.
And one more thing: whether you’re in NYC or LA or Chicago or Miami or Dallas or Denver or right here in Atlanta – the ATL is where it's at. We welcome all comers.Required Skills
Fitzco’s Talent Director, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, will lead a nimble team across our two offices, and be responsible for recruitment management and results, diversity initiatives, and generalist function management with responsibility for employee relations, coaching/development, benefits & compensation, employee services/culture creation, conflict management, policy development and compliance.
- Provide proactive leadership and innovation on current and leading-edge talent strategies, including progressive leadership of development, succession planning and compensation.
- Champion actions that inspire a highly collaborative and performance-based culture.
- Act as advisor for all internal talent matters, with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law.
- Develop and implement workplace improvement strategies.
- Regularly meet with key functional leaders to identify organizational needs.
Performance Management & Training
- Drive our performance management processes to ensure compliance, participation and effectiveness of programs.
- Partner with Executive leadership and supervisors to develop and implement training programs.
- Drive employee satisfaction initiatives (professional development, benefits, etc.)
- Communicate with managers to understand current and future recruitment needs.
- Create a pipeline of high-caliber candidates who meet client and Fitzco expectations.
- Build best-in-class candidate interview experience.
- Develop robust and consistent onboarding processes and initiatives.
- Ensure consistency of job descriptions.
- Utilize all appropriate tools of the trade to identify candidates and post/track openings.
Culture & Diversity/Inclusion
- Proactively advocate for Fitzco positioning and apply its tenets to all HR activities.
- Drive and inspire agency initiatives around diversity – tracking, education and recruitment.
- Develop and drive Fitzco D&I initiatives
- Oversee compensation benchmarking and planning
- Have a deep understanding of market data and our competitive set
- Oversight of benefits and payroll administration
- Coach, mentor, and supervise Human Resources staff (Atlanta and Minneapolis)
- Structure team to suit business needs.
- Partner with HR and Legal counsel at McCann Worldgroup and Interpublic as needed
- Work with COO to oversee administrative staff, including management of Reception.
- 10 years Human Resources generalist experience, agency network experience highly preferred
- 2+ years in a Human Resource role preferred
- Demonstrated high level of business acumen and knowledge of HR best practices.
- Strategic and Critical Thinking: Strong ability to conceptualize, communicate, recommend and execute new strategies and programs while thinking of business impact and implications
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), particularly in building relationships with business leaders
- Proven ability to deliver both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment; organized, detail oriented, flexible
- Must be a change agent with a proven ability to persuade and influence
- Courage to diplomatically voice unpopular opinions
Atlanta, Georgia, US