Hungry, curious, growing and never satisfied.
That’s Fitzco, a fully-integrated agency with combined capabilities across advertising, strategic planning, media, digital, social, creative technology, performance marketing and design. Throughout our 35-year history, it’s never been about a proprietary method or house style; it’s about working hard to speak with people across culture in ways they wish to be spoken to, or as we call it, cultural fluency.
This position, based in Fitzco's Atlanta, GA office, sits within CompassPoint, the media arm of Fitzco. Armed with an in-depth understanding of diverse audiences and the willingness to push against category norms to break through, we have successfully brought cultural relevance to brands in a diverse mix of categories, including Coca-Cola, Johnsonville, Navy Federal Credit Union, French’s, Checkers & Rally’s, MGM Resorts, Shoe Carnival, Miracle-Ear, Cooper Tire and General Mills.
DIRECTOR, CONNECTIONS STRATEGY
When we say Connections, we’re talking about the flash of value-add, inspiration and just plain “you get me” that comes from communications that recognize how a consumer is feeling in that moment. To enable this meaningful connection, you must be able to flex your media skills towards clients’ unique business needs and the culture their consumers live within. You bring expertise across all media channels, the ability to identify opportunity and the confidence to lead clients and integrated teams towards innovative solutions. You have proven ability in inspiring teams and collaborating across organizational structures. You are excited about the changing media landscape and are versed in the technical and operational requirements to drive performance.
- Lead the development of compelling, differentiated connections strategies that demonstrate understanding of clients’ consumer journeys, their brand platforms and media’s role in elevating creative ideas and influencing performance
- Define and activate audience segments that leverage 1st/3rd party data to ensure relevancy and maximize effectiveness across all media
- Establish trusted relationships and deliver thought leadership to senior marketing and media clients
- Advance client’s business goals by developing integrated testing plans to drive further optimization points, particularly within digital investment
- Collaborate across agency groups, including direct partnership with Creative, Digital Platforms, Investments and Performance teams throughout the entire planning and activation workflow
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for and commitment to our clients’ business
- Teach and ensure accountability of your team’s media expertise and executional excellence – including media budget management, billing and campaign traffic and execution
- Proactively review and recommend best practices for client business – including data management and attribution, integrated marketing programs and full-funnel digital programs
- Merchandise our great work through focused case studies, compelling presentations and validation of results using data and clear rationale
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years minimum of communications, media, technology and/or marketing analytics experience (both online and offline, brand-building and acquisition channels)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to confidently present your ideas and how/why they will be effective
- Understand how all media channels are most effective and communicate tradeoffs between strategies and tactics; including ConnectedTV, Social, OOH, Search, Sponsorships, etc.
- Deep experience in consumer research and segmentation, channel mix, channel planning and measurement tools (i.e. Nielsen, ComScore, Prisma, DCM, Kantar, MediaOcean, Simmons/MRI, Facebook, Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.)
- Financial, Healthcare and/or Retail experience that embraces the precision, pace and performance accountability of weekly business KPIs
Fitzco is an Interpublic Group agency within the McCann WorldGroup family. The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements
Fitzco is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA and is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Atlanta, Georgia, US