Hungry, curious, growing and never satisfied.
That’s Fitzco, a fully-integrated agency with combined capabilities across advertising, strategic planning, media, digital, social, creative technology, performance marketing and design. Throughout our 35-year history, it’s never been about a proprietary method or house style; it’s about working hard to speak with people across culture in ways they wish to be spoken to, or as we call it, cultural fluency.
This position, based in Fitzco's Minneapolis, MN office, sits within CompassPoint, the media arm of Fitzco. Armed with an in-depth understanding of diverse audiences and the willingness to push against category norms to break through, we have successfully brought cultural relevance to brands in a diverse mix of categories, including Coca-Cola, Johnsonville, Navy Federal Credit Union, French’s, Checkers & Rally’s, MGM Resorts, Miracle-Ear, Cooper Tire and General Mills.
Associate Director, Connections Strategy
If you are a media leader who thrives in a dynamic environment, we are looking for you! You speak confidently about all things media to educate and effectively sell strategic recommendations to senior clients. You have a track record of managing complex businesses and client organizations. Because you love what you do, you are a dedicated partner and create a trusting team. And you are experienced at designing and optimizing strategies from broadcast to search, national to hyper-local.
In this role you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Educate and partner with clients with a point of view on the evolving media, tech and consumer landscape
- Facilitate communications and business engagement across functions both internal and external (PR, Creative, Account, Finance, etc.), particularly as you look for ways to innovate and elevate creative media solutions
- Coach and develop direct reports through real-time feedback while providing training opportunities and motivation
- Create connections strategies using the channel mix and approach that most effectively solve business and communications goals
- Develop targeting strategies, including audience segmentation definition and implementation
- Define and set benchmarks to allow for appropriate measurement, own the marketing performance narrative, and direct optimizations against key metrics of successes/failures
- Ensure strategies are executed in market as planned
- Activate a measurement suite through the understanding of research and analytics tools
- Manage and steward budgets as well as client and agency revenue projections and agency staffing plans
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eight years minimum of media planning and/or strategy experience
- Two years minimum of previous management experience
- Experience in retail, healthcare and CPG is preferred
- Talent for leading and invigorating a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present your ideas through compelling story-telling
- Boldness with questions and feedback – seek to go deeper and elevate the work through deepened partnerships
- Understanding of how media channels are most effective and ability to communicate trade-offs between strategies and tactics
- Media industry expertise grounded in an understanding of data (its application and impact)
- Proficient with content creators, distribution channels, advertising products, measurement capabilities, etc.
- Willingness to travel and work with teams in multiple offices
Fitzco is and Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA and is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Atlanta, Georgia, US