Hungry, curious, growing and never satisfied.
That’s Fitzco, a fully-integrated agency with combined capabilities across advertising, strategic planning, media, digital, social, creative technology, performance marketing and design. Throughout our 35-year history, it’s never been about a proprietary method or house style; it’s about working hard to speak with people across culture in ways they wish to be spoken to, or as we call it, cultural fluency.
This position, based in Fitzco's Minneapolis, MN office, sits within CompassPoint, the media arm of Fitzco. Armed with an in-depth understanding of diverse audiences and the willingness to push against category norms to break through, we have successfully brought cultural relevance to brands in a diverse mix of categories, including Coca-Cola, Johnsonville, Navy Federal Credit Union, French’s, Checkers & Rally’s, MGM Resorts, Miracle-Ear, Cooper Tire and General Mills.
GROUP DIRECTOR, CONNECTIONS STRATEGY
When we say Connections, we’re talking about the flash of value-add, inspiration and just plain “you get me” that comes from communications that recognize how a consumer is feeling in that moment. To enable this meaningful connection, you must be able to flex your media skills towards clients’ unique business needs and the culture their consumers live within. You bring expertise across all media channels, the ability to identify opportunity and the confidence to lead clients and integrated teams towards innovative solutions. You have proven ability in inspiring teams and collaborating across organizational structures. You are excited about the changing media landscape and are versed in the technical and operational requirements to drive performance.
- Establish trusted relationships with senior marketing and media clients in order to oversee strategic, high-performing teams and thought-leadership
- Identify opportunity and lead the development of compelling, differentiated connections strategies that demonstrate understanding of clients’ consumer journeys and media’s role in influencing performance
- Retail and CPG experience that embraces the pace and performance accountability of weekly business KPIs, including ecommerce, shopper marketing and local marketing
- Teach and ensure accountability of your team’s media expertise and executional excellence – including media budget management, billing, team structure and campaign traffic and execution
- Participate in agency growth – including new business, media community participation, cultural initiatives and team training
- Bring our vision to life with partners across the agency - building data-backed comms strategies, co-creating ideas, proactively sharing best practices and merchandising our great work to clients
- Collaborate across department, including direct partnership with Digital Platforms, Investments and Performance teams throughout the entire plan workflow
- Leverage McCann Worldgroup and IPG to reinforce recommendations, develop testing programs, support brand safety and ensure maximize value of client investments
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years minimum of communications, media, technology and/or marketing analytics experience (both online and offline, brand-building and direct response channels)
- Experience working with brands to identify objectives and develop solutions that meet and exceed expectations
- Skilled management and senior client leadership experience (you are authoritative, persuasive and reasonable)
- Talent for leading and invigorating a team – as inspiring leader who is willing to dive into the work of Associate Directors through Interns
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present your ideas and how/why they will be effective
- Understand how media channels are most effective and communicate tradeoffs between strategies and tactics
- Deep experience in consumer research and segmentation, channel mix, channel planning and measurement tools
Fitzco is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA and is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Atlanta, Georgia, US