DIRECTOR OF TALENT – FITZCO – ATLANTA GA USA
Fitzco is looking for a highly-motivated, passionate and experienced leader – part strategist and part practitioner – to provide best-in class talent recruitment, culture-driving programming and HR leadership for our growing agency. Ours is an industry where talent is the most valuable resource; this role is a dynamic, driving force in the curation of our team and our culture.
Hungry, curious, growing and never satisfied. That’s Fitzco. We’re 35 years young, but our transformation of late has been meteoric. With HQ in Atlanta and a second office in Minneapolis, talent curated from across the country and the globe, and a recent merge with sister media agency CompassPoint, Fitzco is a fully-equipped communications company.
Our work is being recognized for creative excellence and business success. It’s why our partners trust us and stay with us. And the evidence is in our awards take which increases year over year.
You: you take your work but not yourself seriously. You put a piece of you into everything you do. You endlessly (maybe annoyingly) ask ‘why’? And you believe that there’s opportunity everywhere if you’re willing to work for it.
We’re not a teaching hospital; we need you to be able to hit the ground, build relationships and partner with our team. We don't have a set style; we have things we believe and tools we use, but it's more about identifying the challenge/opportunity and finding the right way to solve it.
Our team is small but mighty. We’re the ones you never saw coming.
And one more thing: whether you’re in NYC or LA or Chicago or Miami or Dallas or Denver or right here in Atlanta – the ATL is where it's at. We welcome all comers.
Fitzco’s Director of Talent, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, will lead a nimble HR team across our two offices, and be responsible for recruitment management and results, diversity initiatives, and generalist function management with responsibility for employee relations, coaching/development, benefits & compensation, employee services/culture creation, conflict management, policy development and compliance.
- Provide proactive leadership and innovation on current and leading-edge talent strategies, including progressive leadership of development, succession planning and compensation.
- Champion actions that inspire a highly collaborative and performance-based culture.
- Act as advisor for all internal talent matters, with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law.
- Develop and implement workplace improvement strategies.
- Drive resolution of organizational effectiveness issues.
- Regularly meet with key functional leaders to identify organizational needs.
- Develops specific actions in support of business initiatives in assigned client groups.
Performance Management & Training
- Champion a performance driven culture.
- Drive the performance management processes ensuring compliance, participation and effectiveness of programs.
- Partner with Executive leadership and supervisors to develop and implement training programs.
- Drive employee satisfaction initiatives (professional development, benefits, etc.)
- Communicate with managers to understand current and future recruitment needs.
- Create a pipeline of high-caliber candidates who meet both client and Fitzco expectations.
- Build best-in-class candidate interview experience.
- Develop robust and consistent onboarding processes and initiatives.
- Ensure consistency of job descriptions.
- Utilize all appropriate tools of the trade to identify candidates and post/track openings.
Culture & Diversity/Inclusion
- Proactively advocate for Fitzco positioning and apply its tenets to all HR activities.
- Drive and inspire agency initiatives around diversity – tracking, education and recruitment.
- Develop and drive Fitzco D&I initiatives
- Oversee compensation benchmarking and planning
- Have a deep understanding of market data and our competitive set
- Oversight of benefits and payroll administration
- Coach, mentor, and supervise Human Resources staff (Atlanta and Minneapolis)
- Structure team to suit business needs.
- Partner with HR and Legal counsel at McCann Worldgroup and Interpublic as needed
- Work with COO to oversee administrative staff, including management of Reception.
- 15 years Human Resources experience,agency network experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated high level of business acumen and knowledge of HR best practices.
- Strong HR business partnering capabilities; ability to create effective and productive work relationships.
- Optimism, agility and being passionate about talent are essential to succeed in this ever-changing fast paced agency environment
- Strategic and Critical Thinking: Strong ability to conceptualize, communicate, recommend and execute new strategies and programs while thinking of business impact and implications
- Communication and Relationship Building: Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), particularly in building relationships with business leaders
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment; must be extremely organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Must be a change agent with a proven ability to persuade and influence.
- Courage to diplomatically voice unpopular opinions.
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and other strategic sourcing tools preferred
Atlanta, Georgia, US